Add or Change Employee Contacts
Add or Change Contacts for Employees
Enter contact information and designate contacts as beneficiaries, dependents, or emergency contacts to record legal benefactors, dependents for benefit coverage, or contact references.
The Contacts Detail page includes the following information for each employee contact: personal, address, telephone, and email information; contact relationship to the employee; contact designation; additional insurance coverage, disability status, student status, and smoker status; and national identification documents.
- From the Contacts page, complete one of the following:
- To add a contact, select Add.
- To edit existing contact information, select the link for the contact, and select Edit.
- Check or uncheck the Contact is Active box, as follows:
- Check: The contact is active, and if eligible, appears when enrolling in benefit plans via Life Events or Open Enrollment. This is the default setting.
- Uncheck: The contact is inactive and does not appear as eligible during enrollment sessions. An example of when to inactivate someone is when a divorce occurs.
- Enter the contact's personal information such as name, social security number or national ID, and birth date.
- Select the contact's relationship to the employee.
- Designate the contact as a dependent, beneficiary, or emergency contact. More than one option can be selected.Note The individual you designate as your emergency contact is contacted in the event of an emergency. The individual you designate as a dependent or beneficiary may be considered eligible for enrollment in your benefit plans, depending on their relationship to you.
- Enter the contact's address, telephone, and e-mail information.Note Digits entered in the phone number field are automatically validated and formatted, including country code, hyphens, and spaces, based on the selected country. When digits entered in the field do not match the country’s phone number format, a warning message appears to request a review of the number before saving.
- If the contact is a dependent or beneficiary, enter additional information such as if the contact is covered by other insurance, disabled, full-time student, or smoker.
- Select Save.
- Select Submit. The Contacts page appears
with the new information.Note Managers can view emergency contacts on the employee record.
© 2023 UKG Inc. All rights reserved. For a full list of UKG trademarks, visit https://www.ukg.com/trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are the property of their respective owners.
This document and all information contained herein are provided to you "AS IS" and UKG Inc. and its affiliates (collectively "UKG") make no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of this document, and UKG specifically disclaims all warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The information in this document is subject to change without notice. The document and its content are confidential information of UKG and may not be disseminated to any third party. No part of this document or its content may be reproduced in any form or by any means or stored in a database or retrieval system without the prior written authorization of UKG. Nothing herein constitutes legal, tax, or other professional advice. All legal, tax, or other questions or concerns should be directed to your legal counsel, tax consultant, or other professional advisor. All company, organization, person, and event references are fictional. Any resemblance to actual companies, organizations, persons, and events is entirely coincidental.