Manage Individual Goals
Goals are defined to enhance an employee’s skill set and provide supplemental information for performance reviews.
The employee Goals page is used by managers and employees to establish individual goals. Individual goals, defined as the manager's or employee's desired results, are usually established upfront, directing employees in accomplishing specific tasks within a given time frame.
Add or Change Individual Goals
Add or change individual goals on the Add/Change Goals page.
Administrator or Manager
From the Goals page, complete one of the following:
- To add an individual goal, select Add.
- To change an individual goal, select the applicable Title link.
- To add a goal note, select the Goal Notes link.
- To update goal progress, select the % Complete link.
When the goal progress feature is enabled, the Goal Notes column is renamed to Goal Progress column to allow for documenting and goal progress to be updated as one entry.
From the Add/Change Goals page, at Title
, enter a title for the goal.
- At Description , enter a description for the goal. The goal description length can be up to 5,000 characters.
- At the Category drop-down list, select a goal category. The goal category is associated with the specified goal.
- At Weight , enter the percentage goal weight, if applicable.
- At the Status section, select whether the goal is Active or Inactive, which indicates if the goal is available for selection.
- At the Goal Type drop-down list, select a goal type. The goal type is associated with the specified goal.
- At the Corporate Goal Alignment drop-down list, select a goal alignment, only if the goal is aligned with a corporate goal.
- At the Organizational Impact drop-down list, select an organizational impact for the goal.
- Select This is a Stretch Goal, if applicable.
At the Goal Dates section, enter the Start and Due dates of the goal.
- Performance Reviews does not enforce these dates. Dates are for customer reference and tracking purposes only.
- Goal Start and Due dates can be set as required fields in the Change Talent Management Settings page (System Configuration > Talent Management > Edit).
- Goal Start and Due dates can be edited while a review is in progress.
Select Save. The Goals page appears with the new information.
The Goals page displays goals assigned to the employee. You can apply goal weighting by selecting the Add/Change Goal Weighting link in the Things I Can Do section.
© UKG Inc. All rights reserved. For a full list of UKG trademarks, visit www.ukg.com/trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are the property of their respective owners. No part of this document or its content may be reproduced in any form or by any means or stored in a database or retrieval system without the prior written authorization of UKG Inc. (“UKG”). Information in this document is subject to change without notice. The document and its content are confidential information of UKG and may not be disseminated to any third party. Nothing herein constitutes legal advice, tax advice, or any other advice. All legal or tax questions or concerns should be directed to your legal counsel or tax consultant.
UKG makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the document or its content and specifically disclaims any responsibility or representation for other vendors’ software. The terms and conditions of your agreement with us regarding the software or services provided by us, which is the subject of the documentation contained herein, govern this document or content. All company, organization, person, and event references are fictional. Any resemblance to actual companies, organizations, persons, and events is entirely coincidental.
Links to Other Materials: The linked sites and embedded links are not under the control of UKG. We reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. UKG does not endorse companies or products to which it links. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to the site, you do so entirely at your own risk.