Process Unclaimed Punches
Occasionally, employee badge swipes do not appear on the timesheets in UKG Pro Time Management.
Reasons for missing punches may include:
- A mistake when the badge number was entered on the employee's record.
- The employee was given a different badge from the one recorded.
- The employee was sent to work with a badge before being officially hired in the system.
When a punch does not match any of the badge numbers in UKG Pro, it cannot be posted to a timesheet and it will appear on the Unclaimed page in Time Management (Attendance > Unclaimed).
Find an Incorrect Badge Number
If a mistake was made when the badge number was entered on the employee's record, you need to find and change the incorrect badge number in UKG Pro.
- Enter the employee's name, and then select Search.
- Select the employee's Jobs tab.
- Select Edit at the top of the Job Summary page.
Complete your changes on the Change Job page:
- Enter an effective date.
- Select a reason for the change (for example, 999 - Data Entry Error).
- Enter the employee's correct badge number in the Time Clock field.
- Select Save, and then Submit.
- Navigate back to Time Management and check the employee's Maintenance page to ensure the badge number has been updated (Employees > Maintenance > select employee). It may take a few minutes for the employee's badge number to update.
Post the unassigned punches to the employee's record:
- Select Attendance, and then select Unclaimed.
- Select Process Unposted/Unclaimed Punches. A message appears stating that the process has been submitted.
- Select OK.
- Refresh the Unclaimed page to see an updated list of unclaimed punches. The punches associated with the incorrect badge number are no longer listed; the punches have been assigned to the employee.
Replace a Badge Number
If a new employee has used a different badge than the one entered in the record, you must replace the employee's badge with the one in the record. Then, you must move the unclaimed punches with the incorrect number to the employee's timesheet.
- From the Unclaimed page, select the employee's name from the list.
- Select the punches with the badge number the employee had been using.
- Select Assign. A confirmation message appears with the employee's name.
- Select OK. A second message appears showing the number of transactions that will be assigned to the employee.
- Select OK.
- To post assigned punches, select Process Unposted/Unclaimed Punches. A message appears stating that the process has been submitted.
- Select OK. The punches have been assigned to the employee.
Badge Used Prior to Hire
If an employee uses a badge before being hired into UKG Pro, you must wait for the employee record to be created and synced to Time Management. Then, the punches will be assigned to the employee's timesheet automatically.
© UKG Inc. All rights reserved. For a full list of UKG trademarks, visit www.ukg.com/trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are the property of their respective owners. No part of this document or its content may be reproduced in any form or by any means or stored in a database or retrieval system without the prior written authorization of UKG Inc. (“UKG”). Information in this document is subject to change without notice. The document and its content are confidential information of UKG and may not be disseminated to any third party. Nothing herein constitutes legal advice, tax advice, or any other advice. All legal or tax questions or concerns should be directed to your legal counsel or tax consultant.
UKG makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the document or its content and specifically disclaims any responsibility or representation for other vendors’ software. The terms and conditions of your agreement with us regarding the software or services provided by us, which is the subject of the documentation contained herein, govern this document or content. All company, organization, person, and event references are fictional. Any resemblance to actual companies, organizations, persons, and events is entirely coincidental.
Links to Other Materials: The linked sites and embedded links are not under the control of UKG. We reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. UKG does not endorse companies or products to which it links. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to the site, you do so entirely at your own risk.