Select Additional Contributor Feedback
Additional Contributor Feedback
Additional Contributor Feedback enables managers to send the review to others outside of the contributor path to gain additional contributor feedback on an employee's performance.
In order to include additional contributor feedback in a review, your Human Resources administrator must configure the Talent Management Settings page (Menu > System Configuration > Talent Management) and enable Additional Contributor Feedback.
Once enabled, the Additional Contributor Feedback section displays on the Template Details page of the Add/Change Review Template work event (Menu > Admin > Talent Management > Review Templates > Add). Human Resources administrators can then choose whether or not to include additional contributors in the review template.
Open the Review Summary
The Review Summary page provides access to all the components and details of an employee's performance review.
Sections are added to a review when the template is created. These sections appear on the Review Summary page once the performance review is distributed.
- Select a review from the Talent Dashboard, the Talent Profile, or the Inbox. The Review Summary page appears.
Open each section of the review, by selecting any of the Start
- If the option, Additional Contributor Feedback, is enabled, managers must first assign additional contributors to an employee's performance review. Managers can later view the status of additional contributor feedback from the Review Summary page.
- Review sections do not have to be completed all at once or in any particular order. Once review information is entered, it can be saved and can be edited up until it is sent to the next contributor.
- The final score appears only after the Goals and Competencies sections are completed.
- A review cannot be sent to the next contributor until all required sections are complete.
Select Additional Contributor Feedback
Additional Contributor Feedback provides managers with the option of sending the review to others outside of the contributor path to gain additional feedback on an employee's performance.
Managers can add and configure additional contributors and matrix managers for a review from the employee's Review Summary page. A maximum of 100 additional contributors can be added per employee review.
- From the employee's Review Summary page, Additional
Contributor Feedback Selection section, select Edit.
The employee's Additional Contributor Feedback Selection page
If your administrator has imported additional contributors, additional contributors may already appear associated to the employee's review.
- If you do not wish to include additional contributor or matrix manager feedback on this review, from the employee's Additional Contributor Feedback Selection page, check the box, Do Not Use Additional Contributors in This Review and then select Save. Note
Manager ratings, additional contributor, and matrix manager ratings are incorporated into the overall performance weighting based on the percentages listed in the Contributor Weighting section. This scoring is assigned by your administrator and is displayed in read-only format.
- Select the Add button to include additional contributor feedback on this review. The Find Employees page appears.
- From the Find Employees page, select up to 100 additional contributors. You may select anyone in your company that is not already imported or included in the contributor path of the review.
- Select Save. The contributor selections list displays on the Additional Contributor Feedback Selection page of the review.
- From the Relationship column, select the relationship of the additional contributor to the employee being reviewed.Note
A matrix manager is someone who acts in a similar capacity to a manager by providing feedback and guidance to the employee. The employee may not report directly to the matrix manager, but may have a dotted-line relationship instead. Matrix managers are a type of additional contributor who has more access to a review than an additional contributor, but less than a manager. Matrix managers have view-only access to Employee Notes and Personal Development Plans. Matrix managers can also provide feedback in the Developmental Comments section.
- From the Goals and Competencies columns,
select Not Included if you do not want an additional contributor to
provide feedback for goals and/or competencies in the review. An additional contributor
can also Comment Only or Rate and Comment on
goals and/or competencies in a review.Note
- If scoring is not enabled for Goals or Competencies, the Additional Contributor Selection Feedback step only allows for comments to be selected for Goals and Competencies.
- If the review contains a configured open-ended questions section, select Not
Included if you do not want to include this section in the additional
contributor review. Note
- Additional contributors can complete the Overall Comments section even if no other sections are included.
- Select Save. The Review Summary page appears, indicating your additional contributor feedback selections have been saved. Note
Selections can only be edited prior to sending the review.
- Select Send to initiate the review. The review is sent to the first contributor and additional contributors based on the contributor path of the review. Once sent you may not change the contributor selection for this review.
- From the confirmation box, select OK. The Talent Dashboard page appears with an updated review status.
When the additional contributor feedback selections have been made and the review has been sent to contributors, the Additional Contributor Feedback Selection section of the review becomes read-only. Managers can select the Edit button to track the progress of each contributor in the review.
Managers can also add additional contributors and send reviews back to a contributor for reassessment after the review process has started. If notifications are enabled, the contributor is notified via email that a reassessment has been requested. Once the review is sent back to a contributor, the assessment is removed from the manager's view until it is completed.
© 2023 UKG Inc. All rights reserved. For a full list of UKG trademarks, visit https://www.ukg.com/trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are the property of their respective owners.
This document and all information contained herein are provided to you "AS IS" and UKG Inc. and its affiliates (collectively "UKG") make no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of this document, and UKG specifically disclaims all warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The information in this document is subject to change without notice. The document and its content are confidential information of UKG and may not be disseminated to any third party. No part of this document or its content may be reproduced in any form or by any means or stored in a database or retrieval system without the prior written authorization of UKG. Nothing herein constitutes legal, tax, or other professional advice. All legal, tax, or other questions or concerns should be directed to your legal counsel, tax consultant, or other professional advisor. All company, organization, person, and event references are fictional. Any resemblance to actual companies, organizations, persons, and events is entirely coincidental.