Submit Time-Off Requests
Submit Time-Off Requests
Employees can submit time-off requests using the Time Off Planner.
Time-off types identify the time that employees are absent from work into categories, such as vacation time, jury duty, and bereavement. Balance information as of the current date is shown on the right-hand panel.
To ensure that the request does not exceed the employee's current balance, requests are validated against the employee's balance as of the date of the request rather than the current date.
In the Time Off Calendar, select the start date of your request.
The New Time Off window appears.
- In the New Time Off window, in the Type field, use the magnifying glass to select the time-off type.
To request a partial day off:
Note Some time-off types require whole days. For those time-off types, the Partial Day box is not available.
- Select the Partial Day box.
- In Start Time, enter the time of day you want to start your time off.
Indicate the length of your request:
- If the form includes an End Time field, enter the time of day you want to end your time off.
- If the form includes a Duration field, enter the number of hours of time off you want to request.
- In the From field, enter the date you want to start time off. To select the date from a calendar, use the calendar icon.
- In the To field, enter the end date for this time off request. To select the date from a calendar, use the calendar icon.
- In the Reason field, select the magnifying glass icon, then select a reason for your request.
- In the Comment field, enter any additional information you want to include with your request.
The request appears on the Time Off Calendar.
Select Submit at the bottom of the calendar.
The request is sent for approval. When the request is approved, the employee is unavailable, which changes the coverage of the shift in the Multi-View Scheduler.
© UKG Inc. All rights reserved. For a full list of UKG trademarks, visit www.ukg.com/trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are the property of their respective owners. No part of this document or its content may be reproduced in any form or by any means or stored in a database or retrieval system without the prior written authorization of UKG Inc. (“UKG”). Information in this document is subject to change without notice. The document and its content are confidential information of UKG and may not be disseminated to any third party. Nothing herein constitutes legal advice, tax advice, or any other advice. All legal or tax questions or concerns should be directed to your legal counsel or tax consultant.
UKG makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the document or its content and specifically disclaims any responsibility or representation for other vendors’ software. The terms and conditions of your agreement with us regarding the software or services provided by us, which is the subject of the documentation contained herein, govern this document or content. All company, organization, person, and event references are fictional. Any resemblance to actual companies, organizations, persons, and events is entirely coincidental.
Links to Other Materials: The linked sites and embedded links are not under the control of UKG. We reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. UKG does not endorse companies or products to which it links. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to the site, you do so entirely at your own risk.