Transfer Employees (International)
Transfer Employees (International)
When an employee must be transferred from one international component company to another international component company, administrators and managers must complete the Transfer Employee work event.
The Transfer Employee process involves moving employees from one international component company to another international component company. Before a transfer is initiated, ensure that employees to be transferred have an active employment status in only one component company. Employees with a terminated employment status or an active employment status in multiple component companies cannot be transferred.
UKG Pro enables you to change the transferred employee's company name while maintaining prior company and employee identification information. Using the Transfer Employee work event, you can process employee transfers from one international component company to another within your master company.
Transfer an Employee
Using the Transfer an Employee Start page in the Transfer Employee work event, you can begin the Transfer Employee process from one component company to another component company. Details are provided on the Start page as you step through the process.
The Transfer Employee work event contains a list of steps in the left pane of the Transfer an Employee Start page. UKG Pro Time Management or Workforce Management users must complete an additional step to provide related time management information. If you are not a Time Management or Workforce Management user, the step does not appear in the pane.
Before you begin, review the Information section on the Start page, which includes rules and guidelines to help you with the Transfer Employee process.
After you have completed the transfer, you can update an employee's job-related information using other work events such as Change Organization or Change Job. In cases where you inadvertently select the wrong company name for the transfer, you must complete the transfer process again using the Transfer Employee work event.
- From the My Employees page, select the employee you wish to transfer.
- In the Things I Can Do section, select the Transfer Employee link. The Transfer Employee work event appears.
- From the Start page, select the new company to which the employee is being transferred. Only those companies for which you have security rights appear alphabetically in the drop-down list. Only international to international transfers are supported, so employers only see companies that are international (or global).
- Enter the effective date for the transfer, which becomes the hire date in the new company.
Enter the employee's National ID. UKG Pro validates that both entries of the National
ID match.Note If configured, the Retain Employee Number on Transfer option allows you to maintain an employee's existing employee number when using the Transfer Employee work event.
Add Employee Personal Information
Add or update employee personal information, such as address, telephone numbers, and marital status on the Personal page. Fields on this page are automatically populated with existing employee personal information, if applicable.
- From the Personal page, enter or update the employee's prefix, names, and suffix.
- Enter the employee's address information. The selected country determines available states or provinces.
- Enter the employee's email and phone number information.
- Select Next.
Add Employee Job Information
Add employee job information, such as dates, job, location, project, supervisor, organization levels, and more on the Job page.
- From the Job page, enter the employee's hire date, seniority date, benefits seniority date, next salary review date, and next performance review date.
- Enter the employee's job.
- Enter the employee's location including country and mailstop.
- Enter the employee's additional information, including project, supervisor, and organization levels, if applicable.
- Select Next to go to the Payroll page.
Add Employee Payroll Information
Add employee payroll information, such as currency, pay rate, other rates, pay group, shift, earnings group, and deduction/benefit group on the Payroll page.
- From the Payroll page, enter the employee's currency and pay rates, as applicable. Indicate how the pay rate is based (per hour, per week, per pay period, or per year).
- Enter the pay group.
- Select the pay frequency.
- Enter the scheduled hours.
- Select the earnings group and deduction/benefit group.
- Select the employee type.
- Select the employee status (full time or part time).
- Select the shift group and shift, if applicable.
- Select Next to continue through the work event.
Add Employee Time Management Information
Add time management information on the Time Management page.
The Time Management page enables you to complete the following:
- Control employee access to Time Management.
- Select additional security access for supervisors and administrators.
- Assign employee time entry rules.
- Select an access group for supervisors and administrators.
- Configure historical data transfer settings for a company transfer (only available during company transfer).
In the Historical Data Transfer Settings section, select how the employee's historical data is handled during the transfer. This section only appears during the Transfer Employee work event. It is not visible in the Add US/Canadian/International work event.
- From the Transfer Employee work event Time Management page, complete the Start, Personal, Dates, and Jobs/Payroll pages of the Add US/Canadian/International work event. Upon completion of these pages, time management information can then be added.
From the Jobs/Payroll page of the Add US/Canadian/International work event, select
The Time Management page appears.
In the Additional Security Access section, select whether the employee requires
additional security access in Time Management. By default, all employees are given
employee security access. This selection provides the employee access to their timesheet
and other employee pages in Time Management.
Note For employees who are not supervisors or administrators, select None.
In the Employee Time Entry Rules section, select the following from the associated
Note If you are rehiring a person to the same company, the fields default to the values that were in place at the time of termination.
Note The default value and options are based on company-specific integration configuration. If the values are not available, an informational message appears. The value for each affected field is "Default value will be used." In this case, either access Time Management and select applicable values, or return to the employee's Time Management page (My Employees) to update the values.
- Shift Number
- Pay Policy
- Holiday Rule
- Pay Type
- Pay Category
- Employee Access Group
Select the Schedule Request Approver, if applicable.
Note The supervisor, who was selected on the Jobs/Payroll page, defaults on this page, provided the supervisor is a Time Management user.
In the Supervisor and Administrator section, select the applicable supervisor or
administrator access group.
Note The access group field is enabled based on the selection made in the Additional Security Access section.
In the Historical Data Transfer Settings section, select how the employee's historical
data is handled during the transfer:
- Don't Merge Historical Data: Historical information remains with the employee number corresponding to the company from which the employee is being transferred.
- Merge Historical Data: Historical information is merged with the new employee number.
- Select Next to continue or Save to complete the work event. Additional pages may need to be completed, including Direct Deposit, Federal, State or Local Taxes, and PTO/Leave Balances. Complete these pages, as needed.
Review and Submit Request Information
Review your selections on the Summary page. If needed, return to the applicable page to make edits.
- From the Summary page, review the information.
Select the applicable action to complete the request, such as Save, Submit, and
If approvals are required, the Summary page appears with a Workflow Approvals section.
© 2020 UKG Inc. All rights reserved. For a full list of UKG trademarks, visit www.ukg.com/trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are the property of their respective owners. No part of this document or its content may be reproduced in any form or by any means or stored in a database or retrieval system without the prior written authorization of UKG Inc. (“UKG”). Information in this document is subject to change without notice. The document and its content are confidential information of UKG and may not be disseminated to any third party. Nothing herein constitutes legal advice, tax advice, or any other advice. All legal or tax questions or concerns should be directed to your legal counsel or tax consultant.
UKG makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the document or its content and specifically disclaims any responsibility or representation for other vendors’ software. The terms and conditions of your agreement with us regarding the software or services provided by us, which is the subject of the documentation contained herein, govern this document or content. All company, organization, person, and event references are fictional. Any resemblance to actual companies, organizations, persons, and events is entirely coincidental.
Links to Other Materials: The linked sites and embedded links are not under the control of UKG. We reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. UKG does not endorse companies or products to which it links. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to the site, you do so entirely at your own risk.