UKG Community Access FAQ
UKG Community Access FAQ for Support Administrators
The UKG Community provides UKG customers and partners access to peer discussions, product documentation, release updates, training materials, services and support, and the ability to share solution improvement ideas.
At UKG, we want to provide all users access to the resources they need to be successful with our products. Our legacy companies had different access strategies and we wanted to come together to offer options to provide users with the right level of access for their role.
- What is a Support Administrator User and why am I assigned this role?
- A Support Administrator User can manage permissions for other users at their organization, create and manage cases, and submit service requests. It's important for users to have the access they need to be successful with UKG solutions and we believe you are the right resource to decide that. You were selected based on your recent case activity in the UKG Community. If you do not feel you are the right person for this role, you can grant this permission set to the appropriate resource. It is recommended that each account have 2-3 Support Administrator Users to ensure proper coverage.
- In addition, the Support Administrator User will receive all transactional communications – such as release upgrades and other critical company and product news – that are sent via email. As the primary contact for your organization, we want to ensure you never miss the critical information we need to send as your Partner for Life.
- How do new users register for the UKG Community?
- Users can access community.ukg.com and select the Register button to self-register. New users are assigned Self-Service User access by default and can request additional access when needed. The Support Administrator User approves or denies that request based on your organization's needs. For detailed instructions about requesting and managing access, refer to the Community Customer Self-Registration and Access job aid.
- What access types are available for the UKG Community?
Access Type Description Guest User Users who can access publicly available product documentation. No registration or log in is required to access this content. Self-Service User Users who have base access to the UKG Community, including the ability to search, ask questions, collaborate with other community members, and access content and learning material. This access is assigned by default when a user self-registers to the UKG Community. Case User Includes Self-Service User access, plus the ability to create cases and manage your own cases. If you select this checkbox, the Self-Service User checkbox is automatically selected after you save. Service Request User Includes Self-Service User access, plus the ability to create and manage your own service requests. If you select this checkbox, the Self-Service User checkbox is automatically selected after you save. Project User (formerly known as Activation User in our Legacy Ultimate Community) Includes Self-Service User access, plus the ability to access the project console (for our Legacy Ultimate project users) and to the Launch application (for our UKG Pro, UKG Dimensions, and UKG Ready users). Case Administrator User Includes Self-Service User access and Case User access, plus the ability to view and manage all cases at your primary account or other accounts that you support. If you select this checkbox, the Case User and Self-Service User checkboxes are automatically selected after you save. Training Administrator Users who can assign courses and learning journeys to individual training users in their organization. Support Administrator User Includes Case Administrator User, Service Request User, Case User, and Self-Service User access, plus the ability to create new users and manage the access for other users of your primary account. Focal Administrator User (formerly known as SaaS Focal in our Legacy Ultimate Community) Includes Support Administrator User, Case Administrator User, Service Request User, Case User, and Self-Service User access, plus the ability to create and submit Admin cases and schedule product upgrades for your account via the UKG Community. This access is only applicable to our UKG Pro customers.
- Who can change user access?
- Support Administrator Users and Focal Administrator Users can manage access for users at their organization. This includes assigning other users Support Administrator User access if your organization's needs change. For detailed instructions about updating user access, refer to the Manage Community Access section of the Create and Manage Contacts job aid.
© 2023 UKG Inc. All rights reserved. For a full list of UKG trademarks, visit https://www.ukg.com/trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are the property of their respective owners.
This document and all information contained herein are provided to you "AS IS" and UKG Inc. and its affiliates (collectively "UKG") make no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of this document, and UKG specifically disclaims all warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The information in this document is subject to change without notice. The document and its content are confidential information of UKG and may not be disseminated to any third party. No part of this document or its content may be reproduced in any form or by any means or stored in a database or retrieval system without the prior written authorization of UKG. Nothing herein constitutes legal, tax, or other professional advice. All legal, tax, or other questions or concerns should be directed to your legal counsel, tax consultant, or other professional advisor. All company, organization, person, and event references are fictional. Any resemblance to actual companies, organizations, persons, and events is entirely coincidental.